1. Make your appointment at least 4 weeks ahead of departure. While we try to accommodate last minute travelers, you want to leave enough time for vaccines to be effective.
2. Be sure your routine immunizations are current. For most adults that will be a Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and adult whooping cough), flu vaccine, and measles ( for those born after 1957).
3. Bring a copy of all your immunization records to your travel clinic appointment.
4. Bring in a copy of your itinerary. It is very important that we know your exact destination. Many countries have different recommendations depending on where you will be traveling such as Peru. If you are going to the Amazon your needs are very different than if you are going to Machu Picchu.
5. Wear clothes that provide easy access to both upper arms and don’t skip any meals on the day of your appointment. If you have a tendency to feel faint with injections, be sure to tell us. We can help make that part of the appointment easier for you.
Make the most of your pre travel visit to ensure you have a safe and healthy journey!